HEIGHT SAFETY – REGULATORY AUTHORITIES AND STANDARDS
Phone: 02 6205 0200
Acts/Regulations/Codes of Practice: Occupational Health & Safety Act 1989
Phone: 13 10 50
Acts/Regulations/Codes of Practice:
Occupational Health & Safety Act 2000
Occupational Health & Safety Regulation 2001
There are many local, state and government regulations and standards that apply to fall protection. They are the industry best practices expected to be applied. See below for a summary of some of the important AS/NZS standards and AS standards related to fall protection:
Fall Arrest Equipment
– AS/NZS 1891.1 Industrial Fall Arrest Systems & Devices Part 1: Safety Belts & Harnesses
– AS/NZS 1891.2 Industrial Fall Arrest Systems & Devices Part 2: Horizontal Lifeline & Rail Systems
– AS/NZS 1891.3 Industrial Fall Arrest Systems & Devices Part 3: Fall Arrest Devices
– AS/NZS 1891.4 Industrial Fall Arrest Systems & Devices Part 4: Selection, Use & Maintenance
– AS/NZS 4488.1 Industrial Rope Access Systems – Specifications
– AS/NZS 4488.2 Industrial Rope Access Systems – Selection, Use & Maintenance
Elevating Work Platforms
– AS1418.10 Cranes, Hoists and Winches (Design)
– AS2550.10 Cranes, Hoists and Winches (Use & Maintenance)
Platforms, Walkways & Stairs
– AS1657 Fixed platforms, walkways, stairways and ladders – Design construction and installation
Like to get a quote?
Contact Us today for a no obligation quote.
Abseilers United Sydney
We are leaders in professional inspections, maintenance, repairs & cleaning work on high-level structures, buildings & construction sites.